XDI Update – 2 Demo’s
- XDI Update
- Wednesday 5C
Convener: Markus Sabadello
Notes-taker(s): Markus Sabadello
- Tags for the session - technology discussed/ideas considered
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
Markus gave a demo of an XDI application that enables individuals to connect to one another via link contracts, to share personal data, and to receive real time update notifications. The application also includes functionality to connect to non-native-XDI data sources such as the Meeco life management platform and a CozyCloud instance.
We discussed the following topics:
- Synergy between XDI and the Sovrin distributed ledger,
- Applicability of the technology (specifically link contracts and link contract templates) to finance use cases,
- Transport protocols such as HTTPS, WebSocket, RAET,
- Relevance of XDI to GDPR requirements.
Video of a demo similar to the one shown in this session: