Respect Network plus XDI
Session Topic:Respect Network & XDI
Convener: Markus Sabadello
Notes-taker: Brent Shambaugh
Tags for the session - technology discussed/ideas considered:
- respectnetwork, #XDI
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
1 minute intro:
- cloud name in personal cloud
- fancy name for getting cloud stuff
- Personal cloud fancy name for XDI data store
- Get an XDI identifier and XDI graph
- XDI graph model with nodes and arcs
- Cloud name is the XDI identifier
write applications that can put data in your graph
- what does a graph look like?
- How would you store certain data?
- How do you communicate
Cloud name, how to find
- → use data service discovery
- How to find the cloud.
Register with cloud service provider
- → get in register
- → look for = variations cloud and registry service will tell you where it is
- → run registry – XDI discovery process
- → open and distributed XDI itself
- ...one repository
Avoid duplication across multiple registries
Respect network as one registry
==> cloud service providers completely decentralized...
- Respect network as one registry
- cloud service providers completely decentralized
- find where is the cloud & the cloud #
- cloud name human readable identifier (UUID)
more can change later
- Transit more into number
- OpenID … log w/ domain name ...but don't remember domain...
- XDI ….more and number in case... you do not have domain name
- Random identifier for cloud
- Registry changes name… line persistent and uniqe with URI
- You can have names, roles, and functionality
- Can have multiple cloud names pointing to cloud #s
- Also planning mechanism called pseudonyms
→ one cloud references the other …
- expose yourself with different
→ like personas
UUID … what resources for XDI
XDI in Java ….run own XDI server.
Can do XDI discovery
Interoperate with Markus e-mail and then transverse.
Iterogate ,,,, find the cloud and then find data
--XDI .. multiple utilities...tools deployed here...
Tool for XDI discovery
Type cloud name and do discovery
UUID with extra info … then get address of cloud..
XDI response that I get out of it...
1st step finding cloud
2nd step find stuff within cloud?
Every cloud comes with key pairs
we call that peer-k-i
each person has more than one key pair within the cloud
- validate … b/c discover the public key
- cryptograpic signatures with the network
what is the authority? Authority ….technical name for my cloud.
- Cloud name...host that personal cloud anywhere.
- Discovery Public Discovery
- Anyone discover
- Then certain fields discover
→ with a group of cloud network
- w/policy within cloud
- all on access to that group
→ discovery tool smart enough
- Message .. who is sending the message
then talk about...
- Look at actual data
- Get into XDI syntax...
what is in my cloud
XDI tutorials...Explains XDI from scratch
Step 1. Graph Model
- graph nodes and arc
empty graph has a common root node...
in 1 point encryption? (as in a very small font)
→ API driver question
programmatically create → send an XDI request and get an XDI response
2 different serialization formats of the graph
the union set is small query w/ XDI format
- 2 different serialization formats
1 is JSON
- what does an XDI graph look like?
- Tool for displaying XDI graphs
- finding adapter...peak of duct tapes adapters that are hard to find
- XDI graph editor , create tool displaying graphs
- common root for graphs
- load a graph...it would be faster
- Here is a graph – a force directed graph
- change the sample graph
- change the plus sign into something else...
- was dictionary space...shift opp
- XDI …
- I can see cloud name and cloud #
- Alice name, e-mail...Alice e-mail, Bob's cloud # … 2222
- not best practice b/c none are rassignable
→ node is a persistent address
- Linking is something that is fundamentally reassignable
- Pattern … Link to something that you want it to point to
- difference between a name in brackets and the ampresand
- create a triple … the predicate is always an ampresand
- all relation statements show up in the graph as arks
identiy \ ampresand that represents a value
- indentity at a value and indentity of the reference to a value
- what would an xdi graph do … all of a sudden 111.
- How would you change your cloud network on lionote
- put a ref from the 1st cloud # to another
but these are the same
→ fundamental is control of the cloud #
- Put an account into suspense
→ what a state between dead an alive
→ run through mat
XDI arch … can model every option...
reference … explicit
reference is opaque
Add personal cloud?
→ standardization of personal cloud
End of day circle time..