- Convened:Kaliya Hamlin, John Kelly, Jeff Stollman,
- Attendees:Tom Brown,Jeff Stollman,
- Interested (wasn't in session): Nicholas
- NEXT STEP: Conference call November 26th 9AM PST (see link)
What is Future Mapping?
- strategically incomplete stories of the future
- engagement around these stories
The goal is to make future possibilities more real.
News Stories are developed Engage with people around these stories
- How did it happen?
- why was it good?
Peeling back the stories to root causes. Clusters of Driving forces.
Scenarios are built and then advocated for
These help outline a landscape of possibilities that gives a shared way to talk about the future
This process is "Live Wear" 35 people are gathered that represent a cross section.
Changing Understanding and views of the future.
Some background in the late 90's there was 6 firms that did scenario planning - with the dot com bust all of them folded except GBN that was acquired by Monitor Group/Shell Oil. The big customers government agencies like the NSA.
We talked about Ipseity - the core identity - the individual point of coordination.
We believe in the concept of scenario planning but the question around what the commercial relevance is.