Blockchain Family Value – re:Trust
- Blockchain Family Values
- Wednesday 3F (Day – Session – Space – Trebuchet 11)
Convener: Adrian Gropper
Notes-taker(s): Adrian Gropper
- Tags for the session - technology discussed/ideas considered
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
When it comes to getting and using personal health data, trust is involved in:
- identifying the patient that is the subject of the data,
- identifying the user requesting patient data,
- recording and auditing the authorization to release the patient data,
- establishing the authenticity of the data that is being released,
- paying the service that offered the patient data,
- controlling and auditing that the shared data was used as expected.
Prior to blockchain, all six of these separate trust issues involved one or more institutions.
Blockchain technology has already been proposed to replace all of these institutional trust roles with math.