- uses ATOM
- intent is to align with activity streams
- no anonymous comments
- can be authenticated by anyone
- "magic security pixie dust"
- align these efforts... use activity streams
- using webfinger for author URI
- discovery/Hammer Stack
- description of project/problem statement
- who's using
- what, why (benefits), how
- example representation
- objects types
- media types
- code samples
- use cases
- calls to action
- mailing list
- public task list
- profile photo standard
- implementor's spec
- "upconverting existing feeds"
Structure Verbs Feeds Flow
- Unstructured (twitter status)
- Media Item (posted a photo, video, etc)
- Action-based (read this, viewed this, added friend, etc)
- Comment (pointing at another item)
Subject, Verb, Object, Context Kevin Posted this Photo on Flickr
Producer expresses the relevant metadata and the consumer site interprets this and display it. Could have a nice default rendering from a site.
Template is separated from activity so that consumers can choose a template to use.
Need a template format. Do we require a template, or can people push unstructured data?
Snippet vs. full version?
- Content (can be out of band)
How does OpenSocial do this?
Plaxo uses FriendConnect. They lose the original site and think everything came from FriendConnect.
Consumer needs favicon, etc which is currently missing.
Problems with how we deal with backchannel pushes into feeds.
Sites like dig can't justify pushing to many (consumer, user) pairs
- Schema for presenting the data
- A way to format the data
- How the connection is initiated
- Different ways the data can flow
activity-streams on Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/group/activity-streams