ID Commons Infrastructure
Meeting notes from May 14th Infrastructure meeting at IIW.
Attendees: Fen Labalme, Eugene Kim, Brian Walker(Parity), Kaliya, Mary Ruddy, Mark Nakimura, Bob Blakley,
1)Fen's status Fen provided an update on the infrastrusture conversion efforts. All the web services are now served by the new box. Need to set up DNS, then get Stas access to move mail over.
There are two people using IdCommons.net for the IMAP. Don't want to have to support IMAP on the new box. We need to notify them and get them moved off.
There are also ~10 people using email forwarding
2) Having the Identity Gang use a separate mailing list. Since Phil and Paul weren't available this item was deferred to a separate call.
3) Mailing list slowness
4) Bob's aquestions about current system. The new server is a vritual server, with Debian and security fiel wall, RAID, nightly bacups and weekly remote backup. There is a UPS.
- Send email to Andrew Nelson and Owen Davis who are using email.
- Outsource email to an inexpensive email service that can be OpenID enabled. This could be done with Electronic embers. ~$25 per month for 20 groups and $1 for each additional group.
- Verify that backups are being tested montly