How Do We Engage and Protect Kids In Cyperstace?
Session Topic: How Do We Protect Kids in Cyberspace?
Convener: Heather Dahl, Chase Cunningham and Les Chasen
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
- Safe vs. unsafe search results (ie: golden girls)
- Gamification of search
- Including analytics for parents
- Usability Gap -> Browsers are hard, apps are easy.
- Reinvent the browser?
- Get rid of technical aspects of UI’s. (ie: printing)
- Apple parent controls are cumbersome
- Use tools to teach, create reports. Create positives.
- Add tags, self learning, natural language, parental collaboration.
- Microsoft Family Safety a good reference.
- Dashboards are important
- Sandbox for kids to play
- Remove abstraction. What is the business of the Internet?
- Some parents don’t understand the technology they are teaching their kids.
- Authority->Circles of Trust->Move the trust layer up