Digital Idenity in Smart-Device eve
Session Topic: Digital Identity in Smart-Device Era
Convener: Takashi Kusumi
Notes-taker(s): Takuhiro Yoshida
Tags for the session - technology discussed/ideas considered: SMS Authentication, QR code
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
Introduced to the registration and login system of LINE(Japanese mobile messaging app)
- without password - registration using phone number and SMS authentication
- remote login by QR code scanning of mobile app
- not common authentication, but only in LINE
Discussed QR code authentication and the other authentication using mobile app.
- use QR code as ID (but who issue it?)
- a picture of license is easily faked, but QR code is comparatively secure.
- useful for low value services (e.g. messaging app)
- difficult to introduce it to high value services (e.g. payment)
How do we login to future device like Google glass or iWatch?
- QR code